Sunday, July 6, 2008

Things I didn't know about being a Mom.....

I didn't know you would have so much fun "playing" with your child and feeling like a kid again.

I didn't know you could learn to function on such little sleep and get more accomplished than you ever did on a full night's rest!

I didn't know you could feel SO happy just hearing your child laugh.

I didn't realize children's books were so hilarious!

I didn't realize that you could have the best "date night" ever just sitting on the floor watching your 10 month old learn to walk.

I didn't know you would learn to appreciate the simple things in life like watching the sun rise because you are seeing it through your child's eyes in a completely different way.

I didn't know how much it took to travel with a baby!

I didn't realize how much I would crave a pedicure! Ha!

I didn't realize how critical good friends (who are fellow moms) would be.

I didn't realize how complete I would feel being a family.

I didn't realize how hard I would pray.

I didn't realize how deeply I could love another person.

I AM SO THANKFUL I GOT TO REALIZE THESE THINGS!!!!

3 comments:

Donnell Days said...

What a sweet post...I couldn't agree more to each and every one of those!

Meredith said...

I love this post! All of them are so true. You should definitely save this list! :)

Gucci Mama said...

Great post...so true! I'm visiting your blog for the first time, and it's quite enjoyable!