Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Mother's Heart


I just finished reading a phenomenal book called "A Mother's Heart"....It is truly the best book I have ever read! I highly recommend it! It was given to me before Porter was born by my cousin, Maridon (thank you!). It has been such an encouragement to me and every word pierces my heart. It is exactly what I believe about being a mother and what God intends for mothers. It also gives you practical ideas about activities to try with your children. Those ideas have inspired me to be more creative with Porter. So, here is my latest attempt at "thinking outside the box"! Ha!


I decided to allow Porter to show his artistic side by painting with pudding! He had a blast! Here you can see him fascinated with his new talent!









6 comments:

Kara Wilson said...

How fun! We have the funniest pictures from growing up when my mom let us play with CHOCOLATE pudding in our high chairs. What a mess! I have been meaning to do it with Tanner. You have inspired me to try it soon. It looks like so much fun (and so yummy!). I also am going to get that book - it sounds wonderful!! See ya tomorrow!

Maridon said...

So glad you enjoyed the book, Amy! Now I need to re-read and it get some ideas for creative play with my girls -- I don't even remember that part b/c I was so worn out with a newborn when reading it!

Grace Based Parenting is my next pick for ya! Outstanding! See ya soon.

xoM

Donnell Days said...

I love the pudding idea! I will definitely have to give it a try with Hudson very soon! That book sounds wonderful also...thanks for sharing! :)

pcarroll22 said...

How adorable those pictures are, Amy! Great idea! Porter just loves everything!

Mom C

Dunhams said...

That looks really fun! You take such awesome pictures! I think I'll have to read that book soon...I need some fun ideas too.

Meredith said...

Thanks for the book recommendation! I have that book, Grace Based Parenting, but haven't read it. Maybe I will now!

What a fun, creative activity! (and the pictures are SO cute!)