Last weekend was FULL of fun. We started out the weekend on Friday night with our night at the ballpark when we went to see the Rough Riders (see blog post below). We are usually low-key on Friday nights, so it was a nice surprise.
Then, on Saturday morning during Daddy Time, Billy took Porter to eat Mickey Mouse pancakes, ride the "tractors" (lawn mowers) at Lowe's and then they went to the Fireman's Picnic with Nanny and Pop Pop. Porter thoroughly enjoyed the morning and he was exhausted by the time they got home! He took a great nap and when he woke up, we played outside in the backyard for a little while because the weather was so gorgeous.
Next, I told him we had to get ready because we were going to a Mother/Son Dance! He wasn't sure what that meant, but when I told him ponies and hot dogs were involved he was ready to get dressed up to go out on the town!
To say the Mother/Son Dance was a success is not doing it justice. It was PERFECT! I guess my expectations were low. It was hosted by Lifetime Fitness in Allen. A friend of mine told me about it and I KNEW I couldn't miss out on the chance to take my little man out on a date, just the two of us. We made a big deal about it and we both got dressed up and you could tell he was unsure, but excited!
We had a mini photo shoot before we left, then said good-bye to Daddy (and Daddy reminded Porter to take care of his girlfriend!) and had the time of our life! The gymnasium was decorated like prom! (or at least the kind of prom I went to! Ha!) It was precious! The theme was western/cowboy and they went ALL OUT!
The tables were decorated so cute and the food was wonderful! We even drank out of cowboy boots (mine had root beer and Porter's had lemonade!) They did not forget one detail. The room was FULL of mommies and sons. It was fun to see Porter light up and get excited about each thing. He told me his favorite things were watching the mechanical bull, hitting the baseball, and riding the John Deere Gator for the hay-ride. My favorite part was dancing with my date! We did the Cotton Eye Joe and two-stepped across the dance floor! I loved every minute!
(p.s. My camera battery died half way through the evening so I had to snap lots of pics with my phone, but I think I captured the highlights of the night!)
We left around 8:00 and Porter crashed when we got home! He was the perfect date and it is a memory I will NEVER forget! :)
Take a look at our fun night:
And the weekend fun continued!!!....GUESS WHO was at church on Sunday morning? Deuce! (from the Rough Riders) Porter was in SHOCK! What a fun surprise! We were so excited to know that Deuce goes to church too! :)
And after church, we headed to Gilmer for a quick trip to visit Mia and Poppy. Porter got to see new baby birds and loved every single minute in the East Texas air!
Whew! What a fun weekend!!!



2 comments:
What a neat activity for mommy and son! Love the pics...
Sounds like the perfect weekend. I am sure you will remember this dance forever. You are so lucky to have spent this time with your beautiful son.
Post a Comment