Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Celebrate the meaning of TODAY! :)



Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I have never been a fan of St. Patrick's Day until now! I don't know how I never knew the story behind the "who" of St. Patrick (from all my years in public school), but now that I know we will definitely celebrate every year! :)
We had a great day talking about the story of St. Patrick, enjoying the weather, and looking for 3 leaf clovers!

WHO is St. Patrick?

St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, born around 389 A.D. He had an adventurous life, captured by pirates at the age of 16 and forced into slavery. He became a devoted Christian, made a daring escape and spent the rest of his life as a missionary. He used a 3 leaf clover - a "shamrock" - to explain the idea of the Trinity. It is believed St. Patrick died on March 17, 461 A. D. the date we usually celebrate St. Patrick's Day. It's interesting the note that the shamrock clover flowers around that time of year.






No comments: