I can't even believe it. Porter was 2 1/2 on February 19!!! Time is like a runaway train these days. I can't keep up with him much less blogging about him! :)
There are so many changes in Porter since he turned 2 in August. He is 33 pounds and wears a size 10 shoe! He has overcome separation anxiety (hallelujah) and even though his allergies have improved we still have our challenges. But overall, he is just a healthy, active 2 year old and he keeps us on our toes! :)
I really don't know how to possibly capture every little thing, but I will try to explain how his Mommy and Daddy see him at this moment.
To help you get a picture of what being 2 1/2 looks like, I can tell you what our weeks regularly include:
Mondays~play groups and play dates
Tuesdays~Tiny Tots at the Rec Center and Music class at the Heights Church (his fave)
Wednesdays~BSF (Bible Study Fellowship)
Thursdays~Story Time at the library
Fridays~flex day :)
We stay ON THE GO. To say Porter is "full of it" is an understatement! He is full of life, joy, emotion, excitement, energy, passion, strong will, and love.
HIS FAVORITE THINGS:
music, monster trucks, John Deere tractors, books, parks, sweets, his friends, fruit, guitars, singing, running, his "hockey" (blanket), Bass Pro, Daddy time, getting mail, being outside, basketball, Yogolution, Alvin and the Chipmunks, going to church, his paci (I know! We are getting there...), and ANYTHING that involves movement!
Porter, we are honored to be your parents and we are so proud of the little boy you have become!
We love you more than anything in the world~
Mommy & Daddy
XOXOXOXO



7 comments:
amy...porter is so stinkin' CUTE! that little face is too much! i loved reading this update and i love that he calls his blankie his "hockey"!
AND i didn't know that he had allergies - that's something else we have in common!
cheers to 2.5 years!!! :)
{we need to get together soon...i'd love to catch up!}
Loved reading about our sweet buddy Porter!! Looking forward to Monday!
What a sweet post! I loved reading all about what Porter is up to these days. He is absolutely adorable and SO handsome :)
WHat?!?!?! A size 10 shoe?! Porter's such a big boy!!! And SO flippin' PRECIOUS! Amy...he seriously gets cuter with every picture!!! I love these sweet little updates!!! Can't wait to see y'all soon! Love ya!
How in the world is he getting so big and so cute?!? I can't believe he wears a size 10 shoe!! So glad he is feeling better...can't wait to see you all!
Don't fell guilty about the paci. We made Cort give his up at 3. He absolutely LOVED that thing. It was his security item.
When it was time, we let him pack them all up in a gift bag. Since it was Christmas time, we left them next to the cookies and milk. Santa took them to all the babies around the world that needed paci's too. He was a big boy now!
Don't sweat the pacifier! I took Annaleise's away at 2-1/2 and she quit napping or going to sleep at night, so I gave it back to her. Who cares! Alex still sucks her thumb at 4-1/2, so what's the difference, right? As my older/wiser friend told me, "she won't go to college with it, just leave her be".... coincidentally, she weaned herself of it about 2 weeks ago (almost 3y)... it was so nasty & dirty looking, she threw it in the trash & hasn't looked back!!
PORTER IS A DOLL! and a big boy! Can't wait to see you guys again, hopefully soon! Love you girl! xoxo
Post a Comment