Monday, January 5, 2009

LOVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Porter has a lot of new tricks now. He is a big 16 month old and we are constantly amazed at him and we are truly "lovin' every minute of it"!
Here are some of our favorite new "tricks":
  • He tries to sing the "B-I-B-L-E" song with me, but instead sings "B-I-B-I-B". We think it's pretty funny! :)
  • He is starting to be a good little communicator! He signs two-word phrases (the speech therapist in me beams!) and he is starting to be a little chatterbox too! Some of the words he says now are: peas (please), queen (clean), duck, mommy, datee(daddy), mia, bobby (poppy), na na (nanny), pa pa (pop pop), cookie (because he LOVES Cookie Monster), Mo Mo (Elmo), tee (when he hits the ball off the tee), tas (Thomas), macka macka (mac and cheese), tee (tree) and more that I can't think of.
  • He can say almost all the animal sounds (except horse) and they are hilarious! The "meow" is the funniest!
  • He identifies the following body parts: bee bo (belly button), hair, hand, mouth, nose, eyes, ears, toes
  • He can turn on the CD player and find his favorite song. This kid knows what he likes! :)
  • When we go for our walk every morning, we put on his Batman house shoes because they are super warm. When we tell him to go get his "bat shoes" he sings the Batman song "na na na na na na na na Batman!" His funny Daddy taught him that!
  • He LOVES to play the piano (Mommy's keyboard) for us.
  • And of course, he still LOVES our wagon walks every single morning!

Well, that's all for now. I really did this post for myself because I don't write in his baby book (shame on me) and I want to remember these precious moments!

3 comments:

Donnell Days said...

What a precious picture at the top!!! I can't believe all that he is doing...WOW...I am super impressed!! :)

S, J, B, & S said...

Loooooooooooove that picture of you two!!! And I didn't realize Porter is only 16 months ... he acts so much older! He's so advanced! :)

Dunhams said...

I love reading all of that stuff...and I do the exact same thing because I'm terrible about Madeline's baby book too :) What a precious little man!