Wednesday, November 11, 2009

CANDY CORN CRAZY

Halloween 2009 was spectacular! The season started early at the Carroll house because we just couldn't wait! In September, I started reading several different Halloween books to Porter so he could start getting excited. There was one book with pictures of children dressed up as various characters. After reading it one day, I asked him what he wanted to be. He said, with certainty, "Tigger!" (Why wouldn't it be Tigger....his favorite show is "Tigger and Pooh!") So, once that was decided we went Halloween crazy!
We decorated every room (especially Porter's playroom) with Halloween decor and made every kind of Halloween craft possible. We bought pumpkins and decorated pumpkin cookies. We made every food we ate into the shape of pumpkins. We went to the pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins. We carved a jack-o-lantern and toasted pumpkin seeds. We got "Boo"ed.
And then, the week of Halloween craziness finally began!
It was crazy fun
It was crazy hectic
It was crazy hysterical
It was crazy busy
It was crazy chaos
It was crazy delicious
It was crazy dangerous
It was just plain crazy
But, we loved every. single. minute.
I think Billy and I enjoyed it as much, if not more, than Porter this year!

These are all the crazy/fun things we did the week of Halloween:

This actually happened in the middle of the week, but HAS to be mentioned first because it was definitely ~crazy~
We went to Owens Farm to visit the pumpkin patch and got stuck in the mud from all the crazy rain! And, to Porter's happy surprise, a real John Deere Tractor came to pull us out! It was his lucky day!!!

Rewind to the weekend before Halloween.....we had a precious Halloween party at the Barbours' house. The kids were ADORABLE.
(Fairy, Tigger, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Strawberry, Ladybug, Rodeo Clown)
I can't help but laugh when I see this!!! They weren't sure what was going on!
After the party, we all went trick-or-treating at Tucker Hill and it was lovely! Every homeowner dressed up and got a kick out of the kiddos! The weather was great and the kids had a ball.


Then, our next event was our Halloween playgroup at Cara and Landon's house. The boys were in rare form, bouncing off the walls in their "get-ups" and once again, we somehow managed to snap a group shot! Priceless.
(Joe Jonas, Tigger, Train Conductor, Pirate, Cowboy, Football player, Risky Business, Golfer)
And our most exciting event of the week.....Porter's cousins from Indiana came into town for a quick visit. I am sick I didn't get more pictures, but I was too busy trying to catch up with Monica and Tom and chase my crazy Tigger around! Ha! We loved seeing you guys!
Thanks for the Halloween party, Nanny!
Ashley, Porter had a blast with you!
The grandkids:
Tommy (Transformer), Ashley (Wonder Woman) Alli (Clown) Porter (Tigger)
And then, what Porter had been patiently waiting for....
HALLOWEEN
It was finally here!
We had a neighborhood "pre trick or treat" party and the kids played in the street and the adults ate yummy appetizers and watched!
Here are Porter and Reid dancing in the street! Nice.
Come on! Let's (finally) go trick-or-treating for real!!!!
I will go by myself if I have to
What do I have to do to get your attention!?
I bet someone has suckers around here
Finally....what they had been waiting for....
Porter seriously could not have been more excited!
Does this look like mischief or what?
Porter was in awe of the kids in costumes. I thought he would be afraid, but he loved it!

After asking (okay, crying) we finally left the party and started going through the neighborhood in the wagon. It was a beautiful evening with a full moon.
When Porter would leave each house with candy he would come show me and then want to eat it immediately!
To say he was on a sugar high is a huge understatement!
He would walk anxiously if the wagon ride was too slow. He knew what was waiting behind those doors!!!
Daddy taught him how to say "trick or treat" and "thank you"
It's amazing how that candy disappeared so quickly!
Porter was very brave and didn't shy away from anything!
He loved going up to this penguin and saying "trick or treat"
And of course, we had to go to Niko's house (the dog) We visit him often!
This house was a MUST because of Mickey Mouse. Porter was beside himself!
And then finally, we had to call it an evening and go home to hand out candy to OUR trick or treaters!
Porter was completely wiped out and it took us several days to recover but overall, our Halloween was a huge, huge success!
Until next year......

1 comment:

Donnell Days said...

OK, Porter is THE CUTEST Tigger EVER!! His spunky little personality really shines through in these pictures!! :)