Sunday, September 13, 2009

a super WILD ride!

Last week, Annie and I took our two wild ones to the most awesome wildlife park EVER! We had an absolute blast and this place was incredible! We enjoyed it as much, if not more, than the kids! It's called Fossil Rim and only about an hour and a half drive from Dallas. WELL WORTH IT! The boys loved every single minute!
This place is on some gorgeous property! The views were amazing! We forgot we were in Texas for a while! :)
Porter and Sutton loved stretching their legs and breathing in that fresh air! They were so happy there!
Porter kept talking about the trees and the deer and the tractors! He was in HEAVEN!
This is what was going on in the back seat the entire day! We drove through this park enjoying the wild animals and beautiful scenery while Porter and Sutton had snacks. It was perfect!
When you first get to Fossil Rim, they give you a map and a bag of food for the animals! The first of many funny creatures that came to the car looking for food was this funny ostrich! We had to roll up the windows FAST every time he walked up to the car. He would try to stick his head in the car every time! We were cracking up!

And next, our very favorite visitor was this precious giraffe! He was so friendly! He was the only animal we were allowed to feed from our hands because they don't have bottom teeth! :)


We couldn't believe a REAL giraffe was peeking in the sun roof! SUPER COOL

This is pretty much was Porter looked like the entire day. He was so content with our little adventure!
There were deer like this one everywhere! They were so sweet and curious.
I can't remember the name of his animal but they charged our car hoping for food and it was a little intimidating!
In the distance you can see the rhino. :) They were fenced in and we were kinda glad!
The zebras were GORGEOUS and the sign was a good warning....wait until you see what happens ahead!



That's right folks, a zebra chewing my side view mirror! STINKER! It took the paint off and everything. We laughed until we cried so I guess it was worth it!
And last, our two little monkeys enjoying themselves again. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE!!!!!

8 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

what an awesome day and awesome pics! i can't believe that the zebra took your paint off! i would have been laughing so hard i cried too! glad you, annie and the boys had a fun day! :)

ThePoeFam said...

So awesome! I can remember going to something like this when I was little!!! I'll have to make sure to take Q soon! :) Cute pics!

Dunhams said...

That looks SO awesome!!! I can't wait to go there! I love all the pics you got...priceless!

Annie said...

LOVE IT! It was probably one of my favorite outings thus far with Sutton! We absolutely love it and every night we read our animal book! What a great place and great memories for the boys to have!!! I am still laughing about the ostrich and the zebra!!!!

Donnell Days said...

HOW FUN!!! A friend of mine just recently told me about this place...I definitely need to take Hudson!!! Love the giraffe with his head in your sun roof!

The Rowe Crew said...

SO fun!! My parents live real near here so we've gone several times...so amazing, huh!?! So glad your little guys got to go!

allabouttheallens said...

Amy, Ryan and I absolutely LOVED the picture of the zebra! We were laughing until we cried too! I am so sorry he took your paint off & I loved the giraffe in your sunroof! Porter has the coolest Mom ever! You have the best ideas! I am hiring you to be Katelyn's social director;)

Cara Carroll said...

OH my gosh. I have GOT to go to this ASAP. I am CRACKIN UP at the pics of you with the zebra & giraffe. Hilarious!! It looks like you guys had a great time!! I can't wait to do this with Landon!