Monday, September 7, 2009

REMEMBER

Porter Carroll

2 years old
30 pounds
36 inches tall

funny smart intense determined sensitive active passionate emotional friendly athletic strong sweet loving deep-thinker artistic independent serious talkative leader


I never want to forget this stage. I didn't know I would love the "twos" so much! Thanks to Anica (who captured the true essence of my little man), I can look at these snapshots and *remember*. These pictures portray Porter exactly as we see him every day. She caught him in true form and each picture reminds me of a different side to Mr. P!

Porter is a lover of life! He helps us find fun in the simple things. He brings us so much joy!
He has so many expressions and emotions. He is never afraid to let us know how he feels!
I feel like this is what goes through his head every morning when he jumps out of bed.....ready, set, go!!! He wakes up ready to face the day, every day, bright and early!
And, well, let's just say that cooperation isn't one of his strong points. :)
Oh, this definitely reminds me that he is a little "sweet tooth"! He loves loves loves anything sweet! Popsicles were a favorite treat this summer.
These next two pictures we appreciate more than anyone else would. We know this look from Porter. We were walking up to a clown on the street who was making animal balloons. He got this serious look on his face and turned away and pretended like he wasn't there! He is very cautious with new/different people!
And this one....priceless. That's what I call the "Billy look". Anyone who knows Billy well knows exactly what I mean! He was saying "don't you dare come any closer". :)
And this one just reminds me how much fun we have together as a family. It is such a happy place. We love being together and treasure every single day!
What two-year old little boy doesn't love their toy cars? I never had to show Porter how to play with them. He just knew. He takes a handful everywhere we go!
He is very content playing like this....
Well, this definitely reminds me of his mischievous side! His little mind never stops! He is always thinking of something to get into!!!
During the photo shoot, he found a fuzzy caterpillar. He loves anything and everything that has to do with nature! He loves to go on nature walks and find bugs, sticks, rocks, butterflies, you name it!
And last, Mr. Serious. He is such a deep thinker. He likes to be alone sometimes and just think. You can tell there is so much going on in his little mind. Usually, I just let him listen to music and let his mind go. He's like his Daddy that way.
Porter, you are such a sweet little man and we love it when you proudly say "Porter Carroll" when someone asks your name. We are just as proud to be your parents. We could not ask for more! Thank you for being the very BEST 2 year old on the planet! We love you!!
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Donnell Days said...

Oh I just love all of his expressions!! I think my favorite might be the Billy look one...that is too cute!! Poor clown! :)