Monday, June 1, 2009

REWIND


Mommy has been behind with my blog lately, so I have a lot to tell you!  Here are some highlights from my already awesome SUMMER!


One afternoon, Daddy came home from work and ran through the sprinklers with me!  It was the highlight of my day!
A few weeks ago, Mommy and I went to Gilmer to celebrate Poppy's birthday and check on Grandad because  he wasn't feeling well.  As usual, I got to experience some fun "country" things!

My number one request at the farm:  Riding the golf cart!
I got to look for tadpoles in Uncle Dave's pond
and feed the catfish!
Mia helped me walk through the mud :)
Uncle Dave showed me how to fish in the waterfall
I learned to catch tadpoles all by myself 
Back at Mia's, a REAL dump truck brought gravel to their house.  I couldn't wait to see what they brought so I escaped in my pjs!  Super cool!
When we got  back in town, Tanner had us over for a cookout!  Mrs. Kara had us wear our rain boots since it was muddy out and she made us the *perfect* dessert....dirt cake! MMMMM!
So, on a different note, one of my new favorite summer snacks is PICKLES! I love them!
And, Mommy said she couldn't resist showing this picture.  It sums up what a summer day is like for me.  Ant bites, a sticker and stamp from gymnastics class, a scratch on my big toe where I stumped it running through the house, etc.  You get the idea! :)
And of course what summer week wouldn't be complete without playgroup in the pool?  Mrs. Meredith, I had a blast at your house.  I love your new backyard!
Then, on Memorial Day, Nanny and Pop Pop had us over for a cookout. I got to play with the new sprinkler toy Nanny got for me and I had a ball!  Thanks for having us over! :)

5 comments:

Annie said...

What a fun summer Porter! And it is just getting started!!!! Can't wait for the rest!!!

The Leonard Four said...

WOW...i love this may fun update! looks like y'all are kicking off the summer right!

amy - i love porter's facial expressions! he is just adorable! i love the pickle pic, and the pic of his chewed up, stamp and sticker havin' legs is too much! he's such a BOY!

i'm so glad to be getting to know you better! hope to see you again soon!

Donnell Days said...

What a fun summer already!! I always love the pics of when you all are in Gilmer...he will cherish those fun memories always! I LOVE the pickle pic too..that is one of Hudson's favorite things to eat too ~ funny boys!

Maridon said...

Precious! I'm starting to see a little bit of Billy in Porter's face! The pickle picture, for some reason, really looks like Billy....Fun!

Dunhams said...

It looks like you guys are having a great summer! I totally understand the being behind on blogging thing...there are just way too many fun things to do :) I loved the pics of Porter in his rain boots and the one of his feet with the stamps, stickers and scratches...who knew feet could tell such a story :)