
Today was our sweet little boy's first birthday and I am still trying to process it! In some ways this has been the longest year of my life and in other ways I have NO idea where the time went! I never want to forget this day or what it feels like having a big one year old! :)
Porter had his big birthday party with our family on Saturday and he had a blast! (more pictures to come) We had a summer safari themed party and he enjoyed every minute of it. He got some very practical, fun toys and his family was incredibly generous to him! He's a very lucky little boy! Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with Porter! We will be able to tell him the wonderful story of his first birthday party forever!
Some things I want to stash away in my heart and NEVER forget:
Porter's nickname: Boogadee (given by his crazy parents!)
Porter's weight: 23 pounds (as of last week at his sick visit :( with Dr. Burton)
Number of teeth: 8!!!
Favorite Foods: sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, toasted turkey and cheese on wheat, strawberries, blueberries, pizza, frozen yogurt
Porter's favorite activities:
*READING
*Playing with balls
*Going to Gilmer :)
*Riding in the wagon
*Listening to Music
*Playing guitar with Daddy
*Playing piano with Mommy
*"Driving" in Mommy's car (a bad habit started by Daddy)
Mommy and Daddy's favorite things to do with Porter:
*Going for walks in the morning in the wagon
*Watching Praise Baby
*Watching Praise Baby
*Going to church
*Reading
*Playing chase ("I'm gonna get you")
*Dancing in the kitchen
*Being outside
*Eating breakfast at Allen Cafe on Saturday mornings



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Porter!!!! I can't believe you are one!! I'm so glad you are feeling better. Oh...love your nickname! :)
Happy Birthday, Porter! What a big boy!!
Happy (1 day late) Birthday, Porter! We are so glad that we've been able to see you grow from newborn to toddler! We look forward to many more happy birthdays!!
Also, Matt and I went to Allen Cafe just this past weekend for breakfast - YUM!!
Post a Comment