Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowman Day!

Today was FILLED with snowman fun! We were completely snowed/iced in today and luckily I had been stashing away activities for a day such as this! (We have had a "Snowman Day" for the past two years....got the idea from another mom, I just can't remember who!)
Since we literally couldn't get out of our driveway, I had to be resourceful with my "GO-GO-GO" child. :0)
Here are a few things we enjoying doing together today:



After determining it was WAY too cold to go out this morning, Porter was anxious to start our snowman activities. A little snack and coloring started us off...
Then, we decided to make blueberry muffin snowmen. I didn't have the ingredients to make pancakes, so we compromised. Maybe not as cute, but Porter loved it none the less!


Then, we played "weatherman".....Porter just HAD to get outside so I told him it was his job to check the weather and report back to me. Here he is telling me what he discovered....
Back inside doing "S" worksheets. He actually liked it!
And his first attempt at drawing a snowman. Not bad :)
And then after much persuading, he convinced me to go out and try to make a snowman.
He had to see for himself that the hard ice wouldn't make a good snowman. :(
So, we made a sponge-painted snowman instead!
And had to have a snowball fight with cotton balls. I think this was his favorite activity today!

I found this in a magazine and we sang it with the snowflakes we cut out...
(He got side-tracked with the bucket...hmmmmmm)

And finally, we roasted marshmallows and had a movie night! It was a great day, but now I have nothing left in my back pocket for tomorrow! Better get to planning!

8 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

you are a seriously cute mom.
the end. :)

The Johnson Family 5 said...

MOM OF THE YEAR!! No wonder Cole didn't want to leave your house!!!

Dunhams said...

What a cute, creative day! I'll be borrowing some of those ideas for sure :)

Donnell Days said...

Such cute ideas!! Looks like Porter had a blast!

Meredith said...

You're such a good mom!!!! An inspiration to me. Porter is one lucky guy that he has a mom who can keep with his "go, go, go!!!" Love you!!!!

Lucy said...

so cute! awesome ideas, Amy!

Andi said...

Love, love, love all your ideas and you!! So fun!! Can't wait to hear how the rest of the week went. We had some cabin fever at our house. :)

Kendra said...

Hey, it's Kendra from the park. it was nice to meet you today. Nice blog, by the way. Give me a shout sometime. We always enjoy having someone to go exploring with. kkcutsinger@gmail.com Check out my blog at kcutsinger.blogspot.com! Have a great day.