This weekend, we got to do something very special! Since my Daddy was a Texas A&M baseball player (back in the day), he got invited back to College Station for an alumni weekend full of fun and Mommy and I got to join him! Even though it was a whirlwind weekend (and I was a handful) we had a great time and Mommy and Daddy realized I am *obsessed* with baseball now!
Here's a rundown of everything we did in a 24 hour period:
We stayed at a hotel with two of Daddy's baseball buddies from A&M. (Robert Lewis and Robert Harris) They brought their children too, so there was never a dull moment! :)
Here, we are trying to stay entertained while our parents pack up the car to head to the baseball field
Sweet Taylor was a great friend/babysitter
Finally.....at Olsen Field. Now I can see what all the fuss is about!
WHOA! Super cool! Daddy got to take me into the locker room and I got to sit in front of his old locker. NO GIRLS ALLOWED! :)
For some reason Mommy took this in case I needed a reminder :)
Lots of Legends
This is Daddy in the home run derby! He looked like such a natural....like he never missed a beat! ;)
Taylor is trying to contain me in the stands because all I could think about was getting down on that field with Daddy!
Wow! What if I can play here one day!?!?!
It never hurts to dream!
Gabe, Taylor and Tanner watching their Daddies
What a perfect day for a baseball game!
Now, can I P-L-E-A-S-E get down there so I can play too?
I had to shed a few tears to make it happen but I finally got to hang out with the players!
The stadium was huge!
Daddy introduced me to everyone he used to play with
I got to meet so many nice people!
I even got to sit in the dugout
Daddy taught me about all the positions and showed me each part of the baseball diamond
We even got to warm up together!
Then, sadly, I had to exit the field so the game could start : (
I cheered for Daddy!
But then after getting upset (yet again!) Daddy had to come off the field to comfort me. He told me that one day I would be big enough to play in a real baseball game
Here, Daddy was giving me a pep talk before he went to play his position, Catcher
WOW. I never knew how cool "catching" could be! Now, that's all I talk about!!
Mommy and Daddy are interested to see where this passion goes~! :)
DADDY-WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU ACCOMPLISHED AT TEXAS A&M! WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!
XOXOXOXO



4 comments:
What a fun, special weekend for all of you!!! Maybe Porter will follow in his Daddy's footsteps! :)
Hi, Porter!
You are a real Aggie Baseball fan now! What a great weekend you and Daddy and Mommy had! Go Aggies!
Love, Nanny
Wow!!! What a fun weekend!!! I didn't know Billy played at A&M!!! How neat for Porter to get to see all that!!!! what a special weekend!!
OMGosh, soooo cute! What a fun weekend!
Post a Comment