Sunday, August 30, 2009

THE.BEST.BIRTHDAY.EVER.

My 2nd birthday was incredible! It really was the best birthday EVER!!!
I feel so blessed to have so many people who care about me! Thank you to EVERYONE who made my day perfect! :)
Here's how my super duper day unfolded:

*Warning*
THE LONGEST POST IN HISTORY

Actually, my birthday started a week before the actual day. Mommy and Daddy just couldn't keep me from their surprise. They got me a NEW SWINGSET for my birthday and revealed it to me one week before my birthday. Here is a picture of me seeing it for the first time. If you can't tell, I was blown away!
Here I am taking the first ride down my new slide!
Still...too excited for words
Daddy showed me how to get on the swing by myself. I can't believe it's my very own!
Another great thing about this swingset is that there are TWO swings. Mommy loves to swing beside me. (Sometimes it takes me encouraging her, but all I have to say is "Mommy swing too" and she's right there!) I actually think she was more excited about this swingset than anyone!
Fast forward one week to my actual birthday. Mommy and Daddy decided to celebrate on the actual day this year and make every moment special for me. It was incredible from start to finish. I think everyone loved it as much as I did!
The night before, Dee surprised me and came early to love on me and surprise me with her gift! While Mommy was making cupcakes for the big day, I talked Dee into letting me have one. MMM....delicious!
Then came the good stuff..... Dee brought a present that she knew would be perfect for me....and it was!
Even the card was my favorite character, Lightening McQueen!
She gave me a new bouncing ball with Lightening on it! Perfect!
And then....the.most.exciting.part. A SUPER WHY COSTUME! Oh my! How did she know? That is my very favorite show! Super cool!!!!!
I tried it out on my puppy first
Then, I BECAME Super Why! :)
I flew around the living room with my new super powers!
I kept taking the costume on and off. Becoming a superhero over and over again!
I am seriously considering this for my Halloween costume. What do you think?
It was hard to go to sleep knowing that the next day I would be 2!!!!! But, then I remembered that I get to sleep in my NEW jeep bed now! That made it easy. Thank you, Mia and Poppy, for my new big boy jeep bedding! I love it so much!
The next morning, I woke up and found my new clothes from Mia and Aunt Karen. I got dressed and was ready to face my exciting day!
Mommy and Daddy surprised me first thing, with a big 2 balloon! I loved it! I love being 2!
At the breakfast table, I had more surprises from Mommy and Daddy. My new outfit for the day, a camo sleeping bag, a blow up world ball, and new CARS plate, fork and spoon!
Then, to every one's surprise, Mommy got a text from my buddy Tripp's Mom. She said I had a surprise waiting for me on the front porch! We ran to the door, and this is what we found.....
HOW EXCITING!
An awesome birthday box with blueberry muffins, chocolate milk, birthday blowers, a new book and a bubble machine! I loved every single part of it! Thank you Tripp! You really made my day! ;)
Then, Mommy and Daddy scooped me up and we went to our favorite birthday breakfast spot, Max's Donuts. I got to wear my "Kiss me it's my birthday" button and everything!
Man, do I love these things.....
Mommy does too :)
And Daddy is always willing to share
From Max's, we went to gymnastics. It was extra special that day because Daddy got to come too! Here I am with Ms. Amanda. We love you Ms. Amanda! You are an awesome coach! Thank you for making my birthday so special!
That day, we got to slide during rotation
And swing on the bars
And playing in the pit....that's always my favorite part!
Since it was my birthday, I decided to be brave and swing on the rope swing by myself . Everyone was impressed and Mommy was cheering me on while Daddy took pictures!
I am getting really good at following directions
At the end of class, Ms. Amanda had a special birthday balloon for me. I was thrilled! :)
After gymnastics, Daddy had to go back to work and so Mommy took me home for the next fun activity! But before the fun started, Mia and Poppy were there waiting for me with more gifts! :) I got several new puzzles like this one, new books, new clothes and all kinds of new learning toys. Thank you Mia and Poppy. For everything! (And Mommy thanks you for helping out SO much with my birthday gatherings!)
As well as their gifts, they hand delivered gifts from my Aunt Lynn and Aunt Karen! I was overwhelmed and appreciative!
Then, hold on to your hats, my playgroup pals came over to have a birthday lunch with me and break in my new swingset! I couldn't have been more thrilled! I loved spending my birthday with my favorite friends!
We all played in my playroom....
Ate a yummy lunch.....
Sang "Happy Birthday" and ate cupcakes...
Played on my new swingset....
Enjoyed some birthday bubbles and my new gas station for my cozy coupe car (thank you Aunt Lynn!)....
Played some more.....
And then, I got to open the cool gifts they got me! Everyone went in together to buy me the coolest gifts!
I got a new backpack and lunch tote as well as the coolest new booster seat since I am no longer in a high chair! I am really growing up! :)
Thank you to all the sweet mommies who brought my buddies over for my birthday and thank you for the great gifts! I love you all!
p.s. Landon wasn't able to come because his mommy was working. We missed you Cara and Landon! It wasn't the same without you guys!
After the fun time with my buddies, I settled down (finally) and took a nap. I had to rest up for the birthday party ahead!
I woke up from my nap ready to play! I was rested and couldn't wait for the rest of the fun. Mommy and Daddy had invited lots of family over for a big barbecue cookout to celebrate my birthday. My cousins Noah and Carter came and so did my friend Taylor! We had so much fun!
Sweet Taylor brought me a new easel for my birthday! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I have used it every day! Thank you Tater Bug! :)
While everyone was preparing a yummy dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs, I invented a jumping game with Pop Pop
After dinner, we were outside again (I was in heaven!) The weather was nice and the kids loved my new swingset. It was fun to share! :)
After we played for a while, we got out the pinata. Mommy even took a hit!
Everyone got a turn but I was hesitant
But, Uncle Rob helped me and showed me how to make it happen
Here is Daddy trying to coax me into hitting it one more time before he takes a hit
After the pinata fun, it was more gifts. INCREDIBLE. We just sat in the backyard and enjoyed opening presents and playing with everything.
Here is the new soccer goal that Nanny and Pop Pop gave me. I already love it and have become very interested in soccer. SO interested that Mommy signed me up for Soccer Tots and I start tomorrow morning! :) Thank you Nanny and Pop Pop. What a useful gift!
Nanny and Pop Pop also surprised me with a new tricycle! AWESOME! I am getting close to peddling by myself! I love it and can't wait to show everyone my new skills! (They also got me a cool turtle helmet to wear when I ride!)
Here I am opening more gifts! I got a super cool Tonka dump truck from my Uncle Tom, Aunt Monica and cousins Tommy, Ashley and Alli. They couldn't be here because they live in Indiana. I miss you guys and I sure did appreciate the gift! I can use it in my new sandbox! I also got two super cool puzzles from my cousin Carter! I love puzzles!!!!!!! And....since I love firetrucks so much, Uncle Billy, Aunt Stacy, Jacob and Noah got me the *coolest* fire station complete with fireman and firetruck! THANK YOU GUYS!
Here's my new easel from Taylor.....it has a chalkboard on the other side :)
Here, we are just enjoying the wonderful toys I got and I am probably trying to convince Mia to let me have some candy I found from the pinata!
And last, the night had to end, so everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me and I got to blow out my #2 candle on my super cool ice cream jeep cake! Thank you to everyone for making my birthday over the top special! I love each and every one of you!

4 comments:

Dunhams said...

Wow, what a great birthday!! It looks like he had an awesome time!

The Leonard Four said...

what an awesome birthday WEEK!!!! i loved every last detail and picture in this post! i'm so glad that porter enjoyed turning 2!

Donnell Days said...

What a WONDERFUL birthday!! We were so glad to help celebrate! :)

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday to one of our best buddies!!! We loved getting to celebrate with you!! Can't wait to see what this year holds!!!!