Saturday, August 1, 2009

Kickin' Off Birthday Month!

I see no better way to kick off Porter's birthday month than with this picture (below) and this post. My sweet mommy friend, Brittney wrote that post about how our playgroup came about and it made me realize how valuable it has been to my life and to Porter's. I agree with Brittney, only God could have brought us together! People ask me all the time about how I got into this playgroup, and I always say "It's a God thing!" And it is! I cannot believe we actually started meeting before Porter was even born (!!!) and in 18 short days he will be 2! :( Obviously, I get emotional about him getting older because I STILL haven't been able to look through pictures from his first birthday party and make a blog post about it! Maybe one day I will be able to. :) Anyway, I just wanted you guys to read about how Porter's sweet friendships came about and to let you know that he has gotten to experience more than most over the past two years because of these wonderful, supportive, creative, Christian women. THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME AND FOR LOVING PORTER!!!


3 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

I'm so glad you loved it! :) You are so precious to me! Love you, my friend!

Donnell Days said...

I totally agree...it is definitely a "God thing"! I couldn't love you all more!!

allabouttheallens said...

I can't believe that Porter is almost 2! It is so hard to believe. It feels like yesterday that you were pregnant! I absolutely love your blog! You get the award for the most creative Mommy! Ya'll do so many fun things together! Love & Miss you friend!:)