Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sassy at 60

Before we celebrate Porter's BIG birthday tomorrow, I cannot forget to document sweet Mia's birthday from July 4th. Since I am behind on blogging and can't seem to sift through the thousands of images from our summer, I thought this was one post I couldn't go another day without remembering.
Sadly, I forgot my camera on Mia's actual birthday. I have never done that before! I was so mad at myself because in true "Mia style" we celebrated her birthday (which she shares with the 4th of July celebrations) with lots of sparkle and surprises! Apryl (Aunt Dee) and I threw her a surprise party and it was a hit! With 30 guests and lots of homemade ice cream and birthday cake, everyone was thrilled to wish the sassy birthday girl a Happy 60th!
It was a perfect weekend with lots of fun and I SO wish I could have documented every moment. But, I thought the best way to "spotlight" Mia is through the memories she gives us every day.
Below are just a few (of the hundreds) of memories Porter made with Mia this summer. She is the greatest Mom, mother-in-law, wife and grandmother. She is the most giving person I have ever met and she makes every day a special memory for everyone. When we go to Gilmer, we are treated like royalty. No detail is forgotten. Porter is one very lucky little boy to get to experience all of Mia's thoughtful ideas!
We love you Mia and we were honored to celebrate "60"with you!!!















No comments: